Kuala Lumpur is one of the most modern cities in South Asia. Its skyline proudly competes with the largest capitals in the world. Its skyscrapers such as PetronasTowers or Menara attract more and more tourists each year from all over the world.
Best of all, even if travelling on a budget, you can expect excitement and luxury in the Malaysian capital. Check out our budget tips and luxury hotel retreats for less below and get ready to savour an exotic lifestyle and outstanding comfort without breaking the bank.
Our top budget travel tips for visiting Kuala Lumpur:
- Malaysian food is a good reflection of this meltingpot of a country. In fact, you’ll find a bit of India, the Middle East and even China in every dish. Dinner in an average restaurant will cost around €2 and a coffee €0.25
- KL has been regarded by some as the ultimate destination for shopaholics. There are over ten shopping centres, ranging from the posh Starhill Gallery and trendy Fahrenheit 88 to Sungei Wang Plaza and the gadget haven Low Yat Plaza.
- Public transport is a good option for getting around the city. A single ticket for the metro, bus or urban train costs €0.32.
Top premium hotel tips for Kuala Lumpur – find a 5-star hotel for less than €70/night!
Somerset Ampang Kuala Lumpur
With budgetplaces.com you can find the perfect cheap and well located hotel in Kuala Lumpur. Here’s a special tip with 3 luxury hotels and a spa at a great price *
- Somerset Seri Bukit Ceylon: The 4-star Somerset Seri Bukit Ceylon Serviced Residence Aparthotel is located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. It’s ideal for global business travellers or families.
A room for 2 people with breakfast included from: €68
- Somerset Ampang Kuala Lumpur: Enjoy this 4-star hotel close to the city’s main attractions, which you can also see from the swimming pool on the roof.
A room for 2 people with breakfast included from: €83
- Ascott Kuala Lumpur: This 5-star hotel in Kuala Lumpur city centre is all you need to relax in a comfortable room and have a swim in its beautiful swimming pool.
A room for 2 people with breakfast included from: €104
* Like the deals? There’s more good news; if you stay at one of these three luxury hotels at budget rates in Kuala Lumpur between January 1st and February 29th, 2012, you can look forward to:
- Broadband internet access
- Complimentary late check-out until 3pm (subject to availability)
- MYR 50 (€12) discount voucher for Kamboja Spa